****Please look after your pets in this hot weather!****
Today is set to be the hottest day of the year.
Please do not walk the dogs unless it’s very early or very late at night.
- 77* Air Temperature – Pavement Temperature 125*
- 86* Air Temperature – Pavement Temperature 135*
- 87* Air Temperature – Pavement Temperature 143*
At just 125* skin destruction can occur in just 60 seconds. Always check the pavement temperature before allowing your pets to walk on it. Paws get burned. If it’s too hot for your bare feet it is too hot for theirs!
Ensure they have access to fresh drinking water, shade and an indoor place to cool down.
Signs of Heat Stroke
- Heavy panting, difficulty in breathing, excessive thirst.
- Bright red tongue and mucous membranes, which turn grey as shock sets in.
- Thick saliva, drooling, vomiting and/or diarrhoea.
- Unsteadiness and staggering.
BY THE TIME THE SIGNS OF HEAT STROKE ARE VISIBLE, ITS OFTEN TO LATE.
For more Diva pets CLICK HERE