How to get 24 days off in 2018 and only using just 14 days of leave!
The answer is to choose your holiday dates carefully so you only use 14 days of your annual holiday entitlement but end up increasing it to a whopping 24 days.
So how do you do this?
If you’re lucky enough to have an employer who will let you take more than two weeks off at once or have your eye on an extended trip away next year there is a window of opportunity between the May bank holidays which are just three weeks apart this year.
Monday May 7 and Monday May 28 are the two bank holidays that month.
If you book holiday around both you can get 24 days off in a row using 14 days of annual leave.
This can be done by booking May 7 – May 28 (inclusive) off work. So your final day would be Friday May 4 return to work on Tuesday, May 29.
The time off includes weekends.
This only works if you work a Monday to Friday job and to be honest who does now a days?
Two Ticks just checking next years holiday rota out!
2017 remaining bank holidays:
- Monday, December 25 – Christmas Day
- Tuesday, December 26 – Boxing Day
2018 bank holidays:
- Monday, January 1 – New Year’s Day
- Friday, March 30 – Good Friday
- Monday, April 2 – Easter Monday
- Monday, May 7 – Early May bank holiday
- Monday, May 28 – Spring bank holiday
- Monday, August 27 – Summer bank holiday
- Tuesday, December 25 – Christmas Day
- Wednesday, December 26 – Boxing Day