Went to use my mascara today and noticed it smelled kind of “bad”.
I also noticed my eyes have itched the last couple days. Gonna throw this mascara out and buy a new one. Not gonna risk it! Sound familiar? That’s because believe it or not all makeup expires! Here is the average shelf life of all your daily make up.
- Concealer: Up to 12 months.
- Eyeshadow: Up to 3 years.
- Foundation: Water-based up to 12 months, oil-based up to 18 months.
- Lip Liner: Up to 3 years.
- Lipstick: 1-2 years, could be up to 4. If it smells throw it out.
- Mascara: 4 months.
- Makeup Brushes: wash every 2-3 months with a mild detergent will last years.
- Makeup Sponges: wash weekly, discard monthly.
- Nail Polish: 12 months.
- Pencil Eyeliner: 3 years.
- Perfume: 3-5 years.
- Powder makeup: up to 2 years.
For more Diva Fashionista CLICK HERE