Kids Say the Funniest Things
as the saying goes..out of the mouths of babes
As parents, we are all shown up by our kids. When they get older we pride ourselves on the ability to return the favour. I look at dads at weddings doing the dad dance with pride. Knowing this is their chance to get back at their own kids. Do you have a “kids say or do the funniest thing” story?
Here are some of my favourites I have found recently……..
- We just got a convertible a few weeks ago. So we have been driving around with the top down a lot! My 4-year-old son says from the backseat one day. “Mommy, why do you always have to drive around topless?!”
- When asking my son if the point I made was “crystal clear,” he turned to his brother and said, “I wonder what she’d do if I said she was a little blurry.”
- Bedtime-stalling tactic: “I dropped Mommy’s kiss on the floor; I need a new one.”
- My 3-year-old was asking the names of the planets in his rug. When we got to Uranus, he didn’t understand and asked again. After I repeated, “Uranus,” he got mad and said, “No, it’s NOT my anus!”
- After I told my son how much I adore him and how I have spent 8 wonderful years with him so far, he said, “No, you have known me for 8 years and 9 months, and I remember it being dark in there!”
- A woman came back from her doctor’s surgery with the news that she was pregnant. She called everyone with the news, including her husband at work, as well as her five sons. That weekend, she was out shopping with her youngest, her 4-year-old son, Sam. He struck up a conversation with a woman. He said to her that Mummy was going to have a baby. “Wow!” the woman said. “Are you excited?” “Yes,” Sam answered. “And I know what we’re going to name it.” “Oh?” the woman replied. “What are you going to name it?” Sam replied, “If it’s a girl, Mummy says we’re calling it Molly.” “And if it’s a boy?” the woman inquired. Sam replied, “If it’s a boy, Mummy says we’re calling it Quits.”
For more marvellous Mums CLICK HERE